Monday, March 15, 2010

Buttery Herb Wine Pasta with Chicken (meal 3; week 2)

Ahhh, after a nice weekend away, it's back to thinking about meal time and planning our dinner. I was worn out from the trip and the boys were needing a catch up day, so I was on the lookout for a recipe that I could make with ingredients I had on hand.

Pasta sounded good, so off to Allrecipes to see what sparked my interest. I saw a recipe for Buttery Herb Wine Sauce, had all the ingredients and tah-dah! my supper was in the works.

I coated the chicken in a garlic-herb rub and then pan sautéed the chicken in olive oil. I then made the buttery herb sauce in the pan drippings. I am not much of a wine drinker, but we did have a bottle of white wine in the refrigerator. When I added it to the sauce, I just had to pour myself a glass to go along with my dinner!

I had some asparagus left from last weeks sale at Kroger. I roasted the asparagus again in the oven and that made the perfect light vegetable side.

This turned out really good and the sauce will make my online 'recipe' box.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. MMM! That looks good. Anything that starts out with 'WINE' usually sounds good to me! HA!

    ReplyDelete