Monday, March 8, 2010

Roast with Carrots and Potatoes (meal 4)

Well, I did it! Four meals prepared and it hasn't even been a week!

Tonight's fare is chuck roast with carrots and potatoes. I realize most would also add onions to this, but my husband doesn't like them. (although I did use a dried onion soup mix)

Kroger's great sales this week, plus my new found love for Reynold's Oven Bags, made this meal one of the easiest meals I've done!

All I did was mix a 1/4 cup of flour, dry onion soup mix, and 2/3 cup of water in the bottom of the oven bag. Then add your meat (turn to coat) and your carrots and potatoes. I left it in the oven for a good 3 hours at 320ยบ. It makes enough for a small army, but having this for leftovers is sooo good.

It was a huge hit at our dinner and our son asked for 3rds on the meat.
Enjoy!


1 comment: